*I added a little bit more to the original post, which I had been trying to write for the past two days. I guess I was a wee bit busy.
It's Uma here. Sorry I haven't updated the blog since Chase made her grand entrance, but I've been a touch occupied, as you can imagine. What can I say that you don't know already? Parenthood is the greatest thing since sliced bread. When I look at Chase and her father, my heart is engulfed with such an overwhelming bliss that I can cry. I know some of it is just hormones, but really I'm freaking over the moon. The first few days back home were difficult to say the least, but we are all better now with the arrival of my new best friend, Breast Milk. Chase was nursing every 30-45 minutes at night and I was on the verge of losing my noodles and perhaps a good chunk of very sensitive flesh. Last night she slept for what seemed like an eternity and after 4 hours I was so well rested I couldn't go back to sleep until almost dawn. How things have changed.
If one can choose to have a baby anywhere in the world, she can't do much better than Landstuhl. I will forever be indebted to the doctors, nurses, and staff in Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby Unit, NICU, and Pediatric. The labor was long and difficult. Without getting too much into it, let just say that my posterior baby was minutes away from being born by a c-section after quite a few failed interventions and nearly 3 hours of pushing--of which the last and most painful hour was without drugs. I ended up with rather extensive damage and required another 40 minutes of repair after she was born. It sucked. I'm in a lot of pain most of the time now and have to take round the clock pain killer. I'd do it again in a heartbeat though to have that chubby little baby. But you moms out there already knew that, didn't you?
I gotta go see about a hungry baby. Update from me might be lighter in the next week or so, but I promise there will be plenty of pictures to make up for it. Thank you for all your well wishes and encouraging words. Talk to you soon!
My wife started this post last night and has not finihsed so I will close it out here and Im sure she will edit it later.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Girl...y'all don't worry about us. Now that we know everyone is healthy and happy, you just enjoy yourselves. We'll be here when you get back!!
ReplyDelete