Next Wednesday will mark my 38th week of pregnancy and the midwife has told us of an option of stripping my membrane during that appointment. Wil is all for it because he is just so over the pregnancy and ready for the baby to be here. Not that I don't share that sentiment (seriously), but I'd hate to do anything that would force her out of her comfy cocoon before she is good and ready. She'll benefit from everyday I can keep her in, even though I know she'd be just fine now making it pass 37 weeks. I never thought I'd be the one protesting getting her out early though. I'm so uncomfortable beyond words now and huge! Yesterday Wil and I went out to dinner with our friends. Two different groups of women approached me to ask when I was due, because the belly was screaming so loudly at everyone.
In other news, Wil's convalescent leave is up and he is back to work this week. He'll start physical therapy, which will last for another 6 months, soon. He says that his leg pain is mostly gone but the back pain seems to be worse. I'm hoping it will ease off as his back continues to heal and he's able to get back to the gym to build up the core support. Keeping my fingers crossed. There's not much else to tell. I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible since nearly putting myself in labor a couple of days ago from manic cleaning/ironing that lasted 3 full days and nights. Brutus and Paddy are doing fine, however very very bored. Either the weather or someone's health has kept them mostly out of the park all week. Poor pups. I don't think they will ever want us to have another baby again.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


I am all for the natural way - why mess with God's design? So "not to strip" would be my vote. :) Who knows, maybe she will come early anyhow like Christian did?
ReplyDeleteand I'm for "strip the membrane" because I did it...twice. But...there are people who do it and it doesn't work for them. So, who knows. I vote for whatever you're comfortable with!!
ReplyDelete