Monday, April 28, 2008

The First Night

I will not go in to too much detail here, but apparently it was a hard night. I took my drugs around midnight and was pretty out of it till about 5 when Uma woke me up in terrible distress. The little one had been up all night crying and I slept right through it all. I know I know I am the most horrible husband in the world. Anyways she woke me up I took Chase and broke the first cardinal rule of parenting, she and I slept in the bed together. Uma and I had to take her back to the hospital today for a biliruben test today for jaundice. Her number actually went up a little so we have to take her back tomorrow for another test. The Dr. was not alarmed and said that it was pretty normal. Everything is going well and we are settling into the new roles as parents pretty easily. Uma has some pretty good discomfort when she walks around and today was no picnic. Chase and Uma are napping in the chair and Im sure as soon as she feels up to will get on here and update everybody in her own way. Im going to eat some dinner and hopefully get a nap before she starts again tonight. I still cant figure out how to post the stupid picture.

2 comments:

  1. we co-slept with Lorelai for eight weeks and I will do it again, that's for sure. I know not everyone can, but we enjoyed every minute of it; even if we were sleeping in a queen bed!

    Also, Lorelai had to go through the biliruben tests six days in a row. It sucks, but it is pretty normal (like the docs say) and even if they end up hospitalized, it's not that bad....it's amazing what our doctors can do nowadays.

    Thanks for the updates, Wil...you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys...it sounds like you two are quite busy. Again, congratulations on your beautiful litte girl! We look forward to the updates, and more pictures! Take care!
    Pedro and Stephanie

    ReplyDelete