Friday, April 18, 2008

Moody

Wil and I went to our prenatal group appointment on Wednesday only to find that, out of 10 pregnant participants, there were only 3 of us left still holding babies inside. Sigh. Granted, I had the last due date in our group but it was still really annoying. However, it was nice to sit and chat with some of our friends and compare notes. I found that I wasn't the only mean one. When the belly is so in-your-face, everybody feels compel to comment. I lost what little tact I had at about week 35, so now when friends who elected not to read the blog and decided to bug me all hours of the internet day/night with emails like "I'm very anxious over here. I'm ready for this baby to come," I snapped a little and didn't really feel bad about it. Why are YOU anxious? I'm the one holding the kid that might never come out voluntarily even though everyone was once convinced that she would never make it pass 38 weeks. EVERYONE sees me and goes, "oooh, you have dropped!" Well, thank you for noticing that I have a basketball between my legs, as I didn't quite understand why I felt as if all of 35 lbs I'd gained were hanging from my crotch. We went to Sunday brunch last weekend and I actually scared a little girl. She saw me coming through the bathroom door, gasped, and run to hold on to her mother because, you know, I was obviously looking for little children to eat. Now that one was a funny exception, but the point is all the stares and remarks have reached their final peak and I'm going to belly-check the next unfortunate soul who wants to tell me how big I am. This is why I'm staying inside for the next 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment