I'm exhausted. This is going to be an uber short post but I want to share the good news. My stupid little brother Non made the Olympic team. He secured his spot today and will be representing Thailand in Beijing. For those of you who never heard me talking about him, he's been fencing since he was nine and went on to have a successful college career (he won two individual NCAA titles in Foil) at Penn State. In each weapon (Foil, Epee, and Sabre), each region (Europe, Asia, etc.) is only allowed to send 2 athletes into the final summer round, so a win for Non today is not only for him to represent Thailand but also the Asian zone. Needless to say, we all are very proud. But he's still stupid and smelly.
Membrane stripping--not as bad as I had anticipated. Before I had it done, I was apparently almost 3 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. Things have definitely gotten more intense though still rather sporadic. After my mom heard the good news on the phone about Mr. Olympian, she turned to me and said "you're about to have a baby, Kwan is getting married, and Non is going to the Olympics. It's been a good year." I think I saw a huge sign of relief mixed in with motherly pride on her face. Good year, indeed.
I'm just so incredibly tired and achy at the moment, which is why this post will wrap here. Have a good day and wish me luck.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


You won't need luck, you will do great. Remember, drink lots of fluids and sleep as much as you can these next hours before the big day. Glad to see your mood has improved, just wait until you hold your little one - there is nothing like it!
ReplyDeletewow. That is all around great news. I now have a reason to watch fencing :).
ReplyDeleteHang in there chicka. I won't say anything else in fear of your Taurus child being stubborn enough to prove me wrong.