Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heading Down South: 36 Weeks

While taking a shower yesterday morning, I started to freak out when realizing that the bulge that was my belly was about 3" below where it had been. So this is what it's like when the baby "drops" into the birth canal. I should have known that something was up when I didn't wake up with a lovely taste of stomach acid in my mouth. My midwife checked the baby's position during my appointment today and she agreed that the Feral Goat was on her way! Normally, babies can hang in that position for about 2 weeks for first time mothers, so I guess the countdown is on. Knowing how wicked our kid can be, she'd be overdue and need to be induced. My money is on week 38th, but Wil has been peer-pressuring the kid from outside the womb to come, like, now. He's also been pestering me to pack my bag, which I refuse to do until week 38th or right after my water breaks, which ever comes first. No, I'm not stubborn. Just don't want to jinx it. Belly pictures to come later tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have my bag packed either when my water broke in the middle of the night at 38 weeks. Looking back, it would have made those next 30 min a lot calmer. My suggestion: pack your bags. Especially if your labor is like mine and you have her in less than 4 hours. :)

    ReplyDelete