Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. It was the best week of my life though probably the most difficult. Wil and I are learning to cope with sleep deprivation and taking care of each other when fuses are rather short. I adored my husband before but the man constantly surprises me with his capacity to be AWESOME! I would go on and on about how madly in love I am with my man and baby, but I think you got the point. The boys are fabulous with Chase and handling the "situation" as well as we could have hoped. You know the Dog-Nanny from Peter Pan? Yeah, that's Brutus. He never leaves her side and is always checking on her when she's in her bassinet. Paddy loves his little sister but wishes that she would do more than just laying there. He loves cleaning her and giving her a bath with his tongue. This past week we spent A LOT of time at the hospital and learned that we would need to get used to being late for a while. The most important thing is that Chase is happy and thriving. We are so over the moon and so grateful that mom is here with us. I can not tell you what bedlam the Steinhauer household would be without her. She cooks, cleans, lavishes Paddy with attention, and is always there to love on the baby. Even Brutus decides that he likes her, sometimes. I'm dreading mom's leaving on Wednesday. Oh, and I also realize that we're not really taking enough pictures of Chase. Will be corrected--start with her first bath today! More to come, but for now I give you our lives in pictures:

First outing in the Ergo. Note that Wil is taking a cat nap standing up.

My new favorite picture!

You just can't fool genetics. She also slept like her papa while in utero.

Happy Chase.

Working on charming grandma.

A kiss from brother Paddy.

Hanging out with big brothers.
I love the pictures! She is SO cute! I agree, the one with her eyes open looking at daddy is the best one. Glad to hear you are handling this new mom thing like a champ!
ReplyDeleteshe is soooooo tiny in the Ergo picture with Wil!! I love the pictures, but don't see any of you, Uma...maybe you just forgot to put those up? :-)
ReplyDeleteHer jaundice looks like it's going away! Good job, mom and dad!
This is ur aunt Trudy. She is so adorable!! Hope you are well. Greg and Nathan are doing ok. Uma is cute too!!I think of you often. LOVE AND PEACE, Trudy
ReplyDeleteYou're right she does sleep like papa did when he was young. Had a picture of him sleeping the same way, with his arm under his head.Love the one with Chase and papa, she looks like shes smilely at daddy, with her big eyes.JUST LOVE IT. LOVE MOM
ReplyDeleteOh MY gosh, how sweet! Congrats to you both!! I've been an avid reader for sometime and have been away for a few weeks....I was so happy and surprised to learn the baby arrived! Congrats again!!
ReplyDelete