Friday, May 23, 2008

One Hand Blogging

The Kid refuses to be by herself, awake or asleep, so I really can't blog much. We're doing ok. Breastfeeding has been more challenging than I ever thought possible, and I feel like I'm starving the child at times. Two days ago I caved and gave her ONE bottle after nearly two hours of her trying to gnaw my nipple off and appearing to still be mighty hungry. I shared this info with the Nipple Nazi, a.k.a. Lactation Consultant, and I thought she was going to throw me out the window. I know Chase is going through another growth spurt and I just need to be patient and let her suck to increase my supply. But when it takes her 1.5-2 hours to eat each time with a half hour rest before wanting to go again, something's gotta give. I'm not going to quit, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once. Oh, and she had green poop for three days straight--one of which was as green as the beer on St. Patrick's day. Research yielded multiple possible culprits and the green stuff seemed to have cleared after I made sure she got more hindmilk. But I'm cutting out dairy temporary as well as an experiment until we meet with The Nipple, er, Lactation Consultant next week. Who knew breastfeeding was such a science? I thought you just put babies up to the boobs, they ate, the end.

Ok, pictures. I hate to say it but we really don't have many new ones. Wil's back at work and I don't think you want to see our nursing pictures--that is really all I do ALL DAY. We are bad parents, I know. Anyway, I shall give you the only family picture we have. I look like a chubby and dirty Chinese and Chase is crying, but beggars can't be choosers, alright? There's a story to go with it, but it will have to wait a little. Wil and I are making a point of going somewhere this weekend, so hope for good weather and more pictures then. Out!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, hang in there with breastfeeding and yes, it is a challenge! If it is leafy green poop then that usually means a milk intolerance and/or food allergy. Have you tried a pacifier? Christian always wanted to suck but not necessarily eat so once I started using a binky in between feedings, he could then last 1.5-2 hours but was still gaining weight. Great photo, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like one HAPPY family. Just hang in there with the feeding, hopefully it will get better. You know that your husband was a big eater. When he was just 2 months old I put him on solid food, it was the only way he would sleep for more then an hour at a time. I wise you luck. LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete