Thursday, May 29, 2008

That Was a Doozie!


I don't even know how to sum up our lives in the past month or so. Chase has gone through a couple of growth spurts and they weren't fun for any of us. The poor baby was terribly tired and cranky and we were just at the brink of losing our noodles on a regular basis trying to figure out what exactly we should be doing to soothe her. The house was a furry wreck and the boys had to seriously adjust their lifestyle. I'm happy to share that I think things are finally looking up. Chasey is sleeping off all that growing she's been doing and eating like a champ. She's even graduated to the next size diaper and clothes! My baby daughter is also learning to sleep and play on her own a bit more, so I actually have time to clean the house, cook dinner, and love on the boys. Things have been going so well that all five of us got to take a long walk together after dinner two nights in a row. I finally feel like I might not screw our baby up so badly while Wil is at work. I can't put into words the overwhelming joy her gummy smile gives me, especially at the wee hours in the morning. Wil and I often find ourselves staring at this little person in amazement. We sure did good, Steinham!
Showing brother Brutus her new toy.
I'm too sexy for my shirt. We have completely skipped spring and gone head first into summer. Have I mentioned that AC is not the norm here?
Sleeping ALONE in her bassinet! She only naps soundly on her tummy. I know...I know. I'm so paranoid that I check on her pretty much every minute, which defeats any reason why she should sleep alone.

4 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    I'm glad everything is smoothing out! Great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well guys, i am soo proud of you! I have been missing your emails Panchan! Anyways, I am stealing all your pictures to send them out in email to the Mountaire crew. Everyone has been asking for pics and how are you doing as a new mommy. She is absolutly beautiful! Take care, I'll keep in touch. Love you all! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos, even the one with the birds nest. Chase looks so tiny laying on PAPA's chest.LOVE YOU & MISS YOU.> LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys look like great protectors. She is soooo cute and so tiny. I love it. Christian slept on his tummy from 2 weeks on.. and he still chooses to. It is the only way he could sleep soundly. You learn as you go, right?

    ReplyDelete