There's really never a good time to be sick, but I think it's particularly crappy when one has a newborn baby to take care of on top of it. I'm not sure what exactly I have, but it's giving me temperature, chills, sweat by the bucket, and all kinds of achey feelings. Wil is up taking care of Chase tonight because I'm too afraid that I will get her sick, too. It breaks my heart that I can't nurse or hold her for too long. When she sees me and is hungry, she would start smacking her lips and open her mouth really wide. I swear she had this hurt look on her face when I gave her pumped breast milk in a bottle instead of letting her have the boobs. I miss having those big eyes fixated on my face and her involuntary smirk when she is full and happy. The other night after Chase got done nursing, I put her up on my shoulder trying to burp her. She was all warm and cuddly, and I actually cry when she pressed her chubby cheek against mine. I thought one day in the not-so-distant future, we might get into a fight and she might never want to speak to me again. Just the thought of my sweet little daughter being upset with me really depressed the living life out of me. Is this hormone or I actually turned into a mushy mom?
I'm so sorry to hear that your sick, I hope your feeling better.I know what you mean when you start thinking about what's to come, but you can't do that, just enjoy the moment, and love her all the more. Hope everyone else is doing alright. LOVE YOU ALL> MOM
ReplyDelete