It's unbelievable how my life can be hijacked by a tiny person that is probably smaller than some of the burgers I had in college. Chimpy Chasey has been going though her first growth spurt and I've spent the better part of this week holding the wee one up to my boobs. She's gaining weight like a champ, which makes not sleeping and being covered in spit up well worth it...mostly. At her 2-week appointment on Monday she gained 4 oz from her birth weight, in addition to what she made up from the lost at the beginning, and appeared to be on track to gain about an ounce or more a day. She's still not sleeping much but the place she does the best snoozing is still on her papa's chest. Wil and I are in the process of buying a new car/wagon/SUV that can fit all five of us. Our beloved Jetta is bursting at the seam when the boys are on their way to the park, so we are looking for something we can grow with even though parting with our car will be really sad. Anyway, that's our quick update, so let's see a few picture of the cute kid. That's really why you are here, right?

Check out my rolls.

Hanging out in the car after papa's acupuncture appointment. Can you see the needles in his ears?

"Papa, you know about the big hole in the roof?"

If you could smell this picture, you'd be telling me to drop the kid and go take a shower.
She is beautiful! I love you guys!! ~Carol~
ReplyDeleteHey, just thinking - it's probably not safe for Wil to be holding Chase like that while driving. I mean, come on Uma...I know y'all are new parents, but Britney Spears should not be your role model! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. Glad Chase is gaining weight. I love the statement about the last picture. That is sooooo true. I mean, not for you, necessarily, but for new parents in general.
Love the pics, glad to see you Uma.My little granddaughter is getting bigger by the day, just like papa.Everyone here says hello, and adore the photos. Yes I show her off. I'm so proud of both of you,especially Uma,THANK YOU. LOVE YOU ALL< MOM
ReplyDeleteI love that last picture.. and of course the others. she is such a great mix of both of you. You look so happy in the last pic. Don't worry, sleep and showers will come in a couple months....
ReplyDeleteChristian thinks she is really cute by the way... :)