Sunday, December 28, 2008

Let's Get It Over With Already!

The movers are coming tomorrow morning!!! We're very much ready for this move to be done, so we could stop spending hours on the road every other day shuffling things from one house to another. Chase has been such a trooper these past several weeks but I do think being off-scheduled so often is beginning to get to her. We did take the boys to their new house a few days ago and they did not stop running and chasing each other in our new back yard for 2 hours straight. Watching how happy they were made all the moving crazies more than worth it.

Wil and I attempted to stay ahead of the moving game by venturing out to Ikea, which happened to only be half an hour away from the new house, to pick up the following items:

Shelves
Lamps
Rugs
Night stands
Curtains
Chairs

However, we left a very crowded place with:

A baby bathtub
Four bibs
A step stool

This is always us when we go to Ikea. The stuff that we need is normally on a different floor than the one we spend the most amount of time on, and by the time we get to where we need to be, the baby is crabby and ready to nurse/nap/go home. Oh, and I also caught a cold from a guy who practically used my hair to wipe his nose after he coughed and sneezed all over me. Not having been to a mall in a year and a half made me forget what a shopping place looked like after the holidays. Now I really remember.

We won't have access to phone or the internet for a little while. I might be able to upload a video to tide you over until then if the packing goes well enough and the baby cooperates. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with the move. I can definitely sympathize with moving since we just did it about 7 weeks back, although it was before Abigail was here. The good thing is that it sounds like you guys are moving into a better place where all 5 of you should be happy. :-) Anyways, glad to see you checking on us so much via our blog. Hard to believe we're parents now, eh! Being a dad is just the best feeling, and watching Chase grow up through your blog really does make me excited about the next few months with Abby.

    By the way, whenever you guys move back to the states I will gladly be your photographer of choice. Chase is a cutie and it'd be great to get photos of our girls together. Alright, I'm back at work this week, so I bid farewell for now. Again, good luck with the move and keep us posted when you get time or find an internet connection. Later Steinhauers!

    ReplyDelete