Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Week So Far

When we first moved into our apartment, I was ecstatic that we had hardwood floor. It would be so easy to keep clean with the boys, I thought. Now a year later and I can comfortably say that my love affair with hardwood floor is over and I want my next house to have wall-to-wall carpet or something very close to that especially with a baby on the move. I had just been far too cheap to buy something to put down so that the boys could wipe their muddy paws before bringing the outdoor in. The last straw came recently as the snow, ice, and salt my three boys tracked in kept the mop permanently attached to my hands. Then I remembered that I brought a roll of carpet remnant with us from when we replaced the carpet in North Carolina. So Wil hauled it up from our basement for me and cut it to fit our long hallway. I finished the edges with the fabric I bought a year ago for the kitchen curtains I promised Wil... Well, I think it came out so cute he forgave me anyway.

These following three have been making me smile ever since I took them. I adore her gummy smile and that bright shiny head...



Last but not least, even though we had been living with snow for the last two weeks or so already, yesterday brought Baumholder yet another foot of snow in 12 hours or so. It was coming down so fast that the plow trucks couldn't keep up and the kids were sent home early from school. Wil came back from his morning PT and told me that they were four cars stuck on the hill by our house. I think he was quite pleased and validated with his purchase of our Rav4, as it performed marvelously in the red road condition. It was as good a time as any to breakout Chaster's new snowsuit and let her enjoy her first taste of snow. Good thing we didn't take the camera out with us or the grandparents might take away the baby. Don't worry. We checked to make sure the snow wasn't yellow before we gave her some to eat. The boys had so much fun romping in the snow and came home pretty exhausted. Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. I love her in the snowsuit! Did she like the snow? Annabelle was just kind of content to be bundled up and carried around. Wait till next year when she is running around like crazy stomping in it! Time will fly...

    And I'm super impressed with that rug. I have a sewing machine up in our bonus room that I've never uncovered. I'm starting to get tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rug, very impressive and cost savvy. :)
    Thanks for the post on my blog about going on the authors blog site. Already saved it as a favorite. Any no knead bread recipes you find and like, feel free to email my way!

    She is so cute in the snowsuit and those three pictures are super adorable. What a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the rug! Chase is rocking the snow suit, too! sYou've gotten much more snow than we have. All of ours melted within a few hours...boo!

    PS--I have a little something I want to send your way...can't find your email address...Here's mine: eurolush@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete