Tuesday, December 2, 2008

T-5 Until Uma Goes Postal

Number of times my baby was rudely woken up from her nap/night time sleep THIS WEEK by our neightbors/their dogs: 5

Number of times I cried with my baby out of sheer frustration about our current living situation: 2

I'm on the verge of kicking down some doors and breaking yappy dogs' necks. I can't take it anymore. To make the matter worse, I'm married to a seasoned soldier, who's been trained to sleep through bombs and mortar attacks. So only Chase and I wake up super pissed, while our Building Coordinator stays perfectly asleep. I've done everything I could to muffle all the noises in the kid's room but things just seem to get louder and louder around here. I'M GOING BONKER. Life with a cranky, sleep-deprived baby is so miserable. Now I truly understand how people arrive at violence as the final solution. Oh, I wish I were kidding, too.

*Update*

I posted this sign on our building's front door. Wonder how long it would take before someone finds it annoying and tears it down?

I'm writing this note to ask you a small favor. I have a 7-month old baby, who rarely goes a day without getting woken up by the sound of door slamming, dog barking, or heavy footing. I understand we live in an apartment and having to hear what our neighbors are up to is just an unfortunate part of it. We've dealt with it the best we know how; I have a white noise machine in her room and we keep her window closed and covered with heavy drapes. However, it seems that things have taken a turn for the worse as of late. Chase is woken up daily from both her naps and night time sleep, repeatedly. I'm not asking you to stop living your life, but please do be mindful of door closing and your dogs. If our situation weren't so dire, I would not have asked. Thank you for your understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully that note works! I can't imagine the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the note still up? Has it helped any?
    When T and I lived in an apartment we had a family of 4 above us. The father worked his butt off, 10 hour days, and the wife was at home. You'd hear the kids running down the hallway to their bedroom. We tolerated it. Kids are excited. But then we had a 3 day weekend. After 48 hours of hearing running and blasting our TV to try and cover it up, I'd had it. I sent T up and the father was very appologetic and actually said he couldn't believe it'd taken this long for us to come up. 15 minutes later the running started again. So we decided to leave the apartment. As we were leaving I looked up to their apartment and saw what was causing all the noise. There's mom and dad sitting on the couch as their kids climb up the coffee table and jump off, repeat. It just confirmed what I'd been telling T, it's not the kids fault, it's the lazy parents.
    I don't have kids, but I can still understand the frustration.

    ReplyDelete