Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Stuff

Chase and I usually call my parents, her Kun Tha and Kun Yai, on Sunday morning when the boys are still asleep. Thai time is 6 hours ahead of Germany, so it's worked out perfectly to be just after their lunch time when they are happy and chilling. Today I had to call and tell them that Chaster had an upset stomach because I let her eat snow. Who knew snow would give her stomach issues that gnawing on the boys' toys never did. We changed lots of diapers for a day and a half and Chase got lots and lots of small meals, Pedialyte, and apologetic kisses. She's fine now and living with a knowledge that she was born to THAT kind of parents. Anyhow, I thought about not telling my mom because I knew I would get scolded (yes, I'm still 5 years old), but I also knew that one day I would let it slip and then I would REALLY get scolded. So I used new videos as the baits to my switch. It went something like this:

Me: Mom, ChasehaddiarrheabecauseIlethereatsnowbutsheisfinenow. How are you guys doing today?
Mom: You did what? Why?
Me: Hey, I uploaded some more videos of Chase on Vimeo. You should check it out.
Mom: That's great. Why did you let her eat snow?

I'll be adding on to the video collection as the week goes on, but I must warn you, if you choose to watch, that they are long and completely ordinary. They are of our everyday activities, so that the grandparents will someday forgive us for raising their grandbaby so far away from their reach. The weather looks like it finally clears up, so we'll be out and about today. Expect more pictures later (maybe tomorrow for you, Kun Yai and Kwan). Here are a few to leave with you.

Hopefully, this means that we're raising a book worm. A drooly teething one.
This picture makes me happy.
She found a replacement horsey.
Yum...Pedialyte. Look at poor Wil. I had the crabby baby most of the night, so he took her for the rest of the day. What a good Papa!
She hasn't quite mastered the sippy cup. I also love any pictures in which I can see her dimpled chin.
I'm fine, Kun Yai. Really. Check out my thunder thighs.

Now on to the said videos:

Giggles from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.

Raspberries from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.


Green Ball from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Letting her eating snow!!! You guys that poor? Send her over then =>

    ReplyDelete