Wil read my last post after he woke up and gave me a weird look. He said it sounded like I was talking smack about Christianity, which was not at all my intention. What I was trying to say was that we got off easy this year as the baby hadn't sprung the religion discussion on us. I am really not trying to offend anyone, but, just in case I did, I'm truly sorry.
Just got a phone call from Baby J. Said to tell you everything's cool.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I think there is some form of separation from Christianity and Santa Claus. After all, his character is just as much of a combination of figures pagan and non-Christian as they are Christian. And to add to that separation, there's many Christians who attempt to downplay or even reject the Santa Claus lore because they think that it's just another "Hallmark Holiday" to take people's minds off the original meaning of the holiday...Christ's birth. Personally, I think it could have a place in a non-Christian home if that family so chooses. I mean think about, how religious can a old fat man wearing a red suit and training flying magical reindeer truly be. :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
That's just my thoughts on that. Oh, just wanted to say that I didn't interpret anything you said as negative towards Jesus. Trust me, if you were dissing the J-man I would let ya know. Good luck with all the moving and stuff.