1. Eating/drinking: I can eat most of the time now but I don't really enjoy food as much. There's no telling which food would make me sick when, so I'm very cautious as I'm sick of being sick after meal. And it'd be so nice to be able to eat AND drink within the same hour again. I have a running menu of what I want immediately after giving birth, but I'll be deliriously happy as long as it's rare and accompanied by something alcoholic.
2. Sleeping: On my stomach. On my side. Without being surrounded by pillows. And pools of sweat. I'll take 2 hours of deep sleep over 3-4 hours of restless tossing and turning I've had this whole pregnancy any day.
3. Walking and playing with the boys: I hate that I can't be the fun momma they used to have. Just taking them out to the bathroom leaves me completely winded these days. Granted, coming back from their "bathroom" requires climbing uphill and two flights of stairs in the rain/snow/wind tunnel. Still.
4. Wearing clothes that don't come out of my husband's closet: Pretty self-explanatory. Oh, and I want to get rid of these hobbit feet ASAP!
5. Being able to breathe: I want my lungs back, along with two fully functional nostrils. Sick of blowing my nose every other hour.
6. The ability to be my spastic self: Most of the time I operate like my battery is running low and am stuck between sleep and dream.
7. Bending at the waist: Never thought I'd long to touch my toes all that much before. I'm going to really savor putting socks on effortlessly.
8. Being able to "squeeze by" small passages in the house: A major advantage when playing tag inside.
9. Thinking clearly: I'm going to get some brain cells back, right? It'd be nice to carry on a conversation with complete sentences again. Strangers are beginning to think I'm like that guy from "Momento."
10. To be called skinny: I'm never going to be crossed by that comment again, even if it's said with a snippy tone.
Here's to hoping the next 5 weeks will fly by. And congrats, Kallie! I'm so jealous.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


The end is near, my friend, the end is near!!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya.
And no, the "momnesia" never goes away. I'm sorry. But, you'll have beautiful Chase to make up for it!
I agree with Rachel on the "momnesia". And don't be in too much of a hurry for the uninterrupted sleep to return since little Chase may have something to say about that when she is born.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to have so much fun as a mom, only a couple weeks to go, wow!