I think this is the first time since the beginning of the pregnancy that I can't sleep because I'm too excited. We got a call late Friday from our local PX telling us that the nursery furnitures had arrived! We still have to con a few friends into helping us picking them up and carrying them home, since Gimp and Preggo are not allowed to lift anything heavy anymore. The bottom of my belly is officially out in the open most of the time. It's hanging so incredibly low that even my longest pregnancy shirt doesn't really cover it. And since I refuse to buy anything for just a month, Wil's shirts are now mine--Thanks, Honey. Thank goodness my ski jacket still fits. And people can't help but stare. I'm sure I gave quite a few hugely pregnant women this look when the concept of being with child was as far from my mind as the weather on Pluto. It's a combination of awe that a belly can get THAT big and a slight curiosity/fear that my water might break over their shoes. Besides the death stares, I'm also getting many sympathetic nods and "hang-in-there" smiles from both male and female population. A guy even gave up his place in a long lunch line for me at the hospital, bless his heart. It's a little strange to suddenly be treated differently, but it's also very nice to know that chivalry is not dead and most people are generally very capable of being kind, even in the smallest gesture. But naturally with my luck, I'd be the one to run into someone like this:
Royal Idiot: OH. MY. GOD. YOU. ARE. HUGE!!!
Me: Er...okay...yeah.
RI: When are you due?
Me: In April.
RI: And you are only going to get bigger!!!
Me: Alrighty then! (beginning to wonder if the cops might let me off the hook if I punch this guy in the face)
RI: Is this your first?
Me, trying hardest to keep my cool: Yeah.
RI: God forgives you!
I didn't say anything back to him, mainly because I was too shocked to reach into my bag of smart comebacks. We all know I'm not the kind of lady that can rise above verbal retaliation, but blood supply is mostly going to feed the belly and not the brain at the moment. As much as I don't want a gigantor baby, Chase'd better not come out 5 lbs dripping wet. I'm going to need a solid justification of why I'm 42" and growing around the midsection.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


I have to say, I LOVE the dog pictures. They are going to be such good caretakers.
ReplyDeleteI remember getting anxious for everything too during the last month. And trust me, I would rather have the small baby and just chalk up everything else to water weight! Either way, she will be so precious, I can't wait to meet her.
First..I cannot even believe that idiot and the things they said! I'm mad for you! And second..I'm right there with ya on the whole borrowing the husbands shirts because I refuse to buy bigger maternity clothes for a few weeks! We're almost through!!!!
ReplyDelete