Friday, March 21, 2008

Better Late Than Never, I guess

We are getting a lot of snow--snow that we should have gotten when we were in the midst of winter. I'm sitting here staring out of the window only to see sheets of the white stuff coming down in an almost horizontal projection. Smart people would stay home, but naturally we have to go somewhere to get something that we probably don't really need. When I was little and grew up in a country that had a huge rain forest, I always laughed at those tall white tourists, who would come to Thailand and sunbathe themselves to a crisp, from a comfort of air-conditioned buildings. Now after months of crappy weather, I'll be joining those folks on the beach at mid day and telling my little cousins that we have to enjoy every second of warmth because THE SUN DOES NOT EXIST IN GERMANY. And I'm beginning to look like I have jaundice.

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to let you know if you haven't heard, Kallie had little Jack Michael on Sunday at 7pm after 15 hours of labor and 90 min of pushing! He weighed in at 7lbs 1oz, happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete