I can't tell you what I've been doing these past few days (besides the usual trying to keep the house in decent living condition and the child alive and clean) since we dropped Wil off at the airport, but I know that by 7 p.m., when I tuck Chase in for the night, I am also ready for bed. I was worried about Chase and the boys, but I think they are coping well in their own ways. Chase loves to hear Wil's messages on our answering machine and she would smile the biggest gummy smile when she hears his voice. And it's as if our neighbors knew that the boys would be a little lonely these next few weeks, because they have really been spoiling my kids. Yesterday I looked outside and saw a neighbor to the left of us tossing chewy treats to the boys over the fence. Then our door bell rang today. I walked up to find a little girl, who lived with her family in the house to our right, holding up a bloody looking plastic bag and saying "für die Hunde" (for the dogs). I looked down and saw a gigantic rack of meaty ribs. Mind you, the weather has pretty much kept us inside most of this past month and we have had rather limited contact with our neighbors besides the usual halo/tschuss when we see each other running in/out of the cars. I took the opportunity to go over to thank the neighbors and introduce myself--and somehow managed to invite their 6 and 8 year old girls over with my sign language. They were lovely children, but I was happy to have 5+ more years to prep my system for all that energy. Chase was super amused with all those little hands pinching her chubby cheeks and had a good visit with the girls. They were very sad to leave for dinner until I told them "bis morgan" (until tomorrow). Looks like I've booked myself daily lessons with two very lively German teachers.
Here are a few pictures since the last post. I'm gonna wrap here and enjoy my cup of tea before bed. Bis spater!

Wil's flight was early in the morning, so we decided to have breakfast together at the airport before he took off. Our table was next to a pair of sweet German grandparents, who couldn't stop cooing at our baby the whole meal. They even offered to hold her while we ate (really not uncommon here as we have experience this kind gesture everywhere), but no one had the heart to pry the baby out of Wil's hands.

If you were at Frankfurt airport last Saturday morning, I'm sure you saw these two. And Baby, those jeans are not doing anything for your girlish figure.

I was trying to tickle Chase so that she would smile, but the camera only saw the claw of death. Man, I looked tired. Ok, I was tired and it was early. At least all of us were looking in the same general direction, for once.

"I'm keeping your seat warm for ya, Papa"

"Papa, you are right! Tofu does taste terrible! Why does Momma keep making us eat it?"