Friday, February 27, 2009

Round is Also a Shape

It took me 7 months to fit back into my old pants after birthing the Feral Goat. I guess I could have been a bit more proactive about it and do something, like, oh, exercise, but moving and sweating weren't really my thing. I am lucky to inherit my grandma's small frame, which I'm hoping to pass on to Chase, and have always been thin without having to do anything for it. Yes, please feel free to roll your eyes as I also find it to be completely obnoxious. But lemme assure you that being small has nothing to do with being in shape. I pretty much sat on my butt most of the pregnancy because of sciatica and joints that were determined to disconnect as soon as I was knocked up. So now I'm rather, how shall I put this..., fluffy? I weigh the same as I did before I was pregnant, maybe even a pound or two less, and wear the same size pants, but there's definitely more of me to love. I told myself I had a year to get back that body and was quite smug that I had plenty of time to do it--until I was in the process of booking our Thailand trip and realized that there were only two more months until my deadline! How did this happen? Two more months until my Little Bean turn one?!? More importantly, two more months until I have to be in a bathing suit frolicking in the warm salty water? Does Spanx make swimwear? Panic was beginning to set in because nothing said I gave up like wearing a sarong on the beach.

Wil came home yesterday and asked Chase "did Momma work out?" because the sight of an exercise ball and a yoga mat all over our living room was hard to miss. I had a very good intention to start and even unearthed my mat, but apparently Miss Crabby Pants really loved my muffin top and was determined to sabotage my plan. I found something on Self.com that I think I can stick with and actually looks like a good clean fun. We shall see how much fun it really is after a few reps of Tush Tightener.