This week:
I'm putting away some of Chase's 6-9 months clothes and getting 9-12-month stuff in to rotation, which I probably should have done a week or two ago. I'm just not ready for the double-digit-month era to start and for my baby's first birthday to come. Plus she looks really cute in a tight fitting onesie that highlights the round belly.
With the increased mobility comes the increased daily crying as a result of a fall, slip, head banging, and random acrobatic maneuver. It's always the scary cry that starts with no noise at all--just big sad welling eyes with exasperated quivering lips. It hurts me more every time.
It has snowed on and off pretty much everyday, which makes walking anywhere with a baby, who just recovered from her latest ailment, impossible. Haven't left the house in 6 days.
The light of my life eats like a man (as if we needed any more evidence that she's mine). She puts more food away everyday than I did during my first trimester with her. Her favorite meal of the week is rice with spinach and liver in a little bit of beef broth. I am waiting for her to ask for a 28-oz ribeye.
Chase has learned to repeatedly pat the top of Paddy's head, who parks his big butt under her high chair during each and every meal time, when she's ready to share her meal with him. It's so funny I have a hard time telling her no.
Her favorite word right now is "Day-Day." I was convinced it was the name of her future boyfriend, while her father said "no daughter of mine is going to date a boy named Day-Day." I informed him that it could be a nickname for David, and he's been giving little boys named David the stink eye since :).
I've also learned that trying to iron curtains is about as frustrating as waiting for Chase's first tooth to cut. I'm hoping the wrinkled drapes will grow on me soon, or I'm going have to break out my steam cleaner. And Wil will have to drive me to the hospital for a severe burn to my digits and hands.
Not much to share this week. I was hoping we would be able to do something together this weekend, but it looks like Wil will be working on Saturday. Chase and I might do some solo outings, if weather and health permit.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago

