Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Did Warn Her

Don't even ask me how I missed 2 exits on the autobahn today, even with the Garmin yelling directions at me. Because of our little detour, we came home 30 minutes later than when Chase's afternoon nap was supposed to start. 30 minutes. Apparently that was all the excuse my kid needed to act up for the rest of the day. She had a restless night and didn't sleep long for her morning nap either. So for the following 6 hours of nap strike, my child was a picture of a petulant monkey. Her only saving grace was the fact that she knew when to reach out for me and grab my face to give an opened-mouth kiss in the midst of all the crocodile tears--or else she would have already been dropped off at the fire station. I told her that if she didn't eat her dinner nicely, instead of digging through a pile of beefy rice to look for pieces of carrots and throwing everything else everywhere, I would post an unflattering picture of her on the blog. I think that was when she decided that Brutus and Paddy needed sweet potatoes more than she did. So I'm following through with what I said, 'cause MOMMA DON'T PLAY.

OK, so the child is far too photogenic to truly have a horrendous picture. At least we can all point and laugh at her hair.
And because I know her father needs to see this gummy smile to get him through a terrible cold/flu/stomach thing and the next couple of days.
Alright, one more for good measure.

I'm not sure what she was doing here as she was standing like this for a very long time. I was too afraid to ask in case it was some kind of baby booty dancing routine.

I gave Chase a stick of hard pretzel to gnaw on and when I turned around she was feeding it to Paddy. After Paddy bit off a piece (it was already soft and soggy, so he didn't really have to bite down, MOM. I promise Paddy won't eat her fingers), she put the rest in her mouth. She got this from her father. And Paddy is going on a diet.