Friday, January 30, 2009

Fortune Cookies

Mine read "Maybe you would like to have another baby."

Wil's: "A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved."

They might be on to something.

Wil leaves tomorrow for school. I feel guilty about whining about my husband being away for all of two weeks when my friends' husbands are serving in a war zone for 15 months. I've been very spoiled these past few years and it's going to really hurt when it's time to pcs back to the States.

I'm going to keep this short, so I can hang with my best bud and he can make fun of a giant zit on my forehead. Before I go, here are a few pics from our week.

Mari mentioned to me that roseola could be the cause of Chase's high fever last weekend that sent us to the ER. About 24 hours after we traded that conversation on Facebook, her fever finally broke and almost immediately these red rashes started to appear on her trunk. They looked super scary but didn't seem to bother her at all. She's doing a whole lot better now. We're still dealing with a few lingering stomach/congestion issues, but all and all she is sleeping and eating much better.

Steve and Mara stopped by to have dinner with us. I somehow never managed to get all of them together in one picture. Notice that my kid is wishfully staring at the food. The child definitely belongs to me. And I would like to add that the curtain came with the house and will come down shortly. I'm not THAT old yet.

Papa brought her a present for being a good baby.

Wil said I wasn't allowed to trim her hair until he got back home. It's getting super unruly and almost reaching her eyebrows now if I don't sweep it to the side.

Look who's feeling much better!

A house full of toys, and, of course, they want to fight over just this one Grateful Dead Bear Mara brought over. Kids...

I like big butts and I can not lie.

Please, Nice Baby, please don't...
...don't pull my hair...
...or play with my nails...