Chase, Wil, and I spent 7 hours at the emergency room last night. Chase started throwing up and running high temperature, and we did our best to get her to the doctor as soon as we could. The problem was that for some reason, there was ONE ER doctor last night. One. Landstuhl, this is the first time you've disappointed me. With that said, I have to say that it is a military hospital and doctors would be assigned to take the most serious cases from downrange first. You wouldn't have known that my kid was running 103.5 degree temp, had thrown up 6 times, and been up all night if you just looked at her, which I think was the main reason the triage nurse ranked her rather low on the priority list. She literally was laughing in between puking. Oh, and puking there was. She SOAKED my shirts (twice), sweatshirt, her own clothes, diapers, and burp clothes. I've got enough dirty laundry to start one pukey wash load. This was the first time that she got really sick besides a few cases of the sniffles she had that went away quickly. Eight and a half months was a good long run. The good news is all the lab works came out perfect. The bad news is she's still sick. Doc said it was a viral infection and just needed to run its course. Damn you, Virus.
We came home a little after 5 A.M. and at 8:45 a chimney sweeper came knocking on our door. Inhale and exhale.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


aw man, that's just the worse. I'm glad she's doing okay, though....through the puking, of course!
ReplyDeletePoor baby! Get some rest and get better soon, Chase!
HORRIBLE! I hope Chase will be feeling better soon. I cannot believe she was laughing between the puking sessions. :(
ReplyDeleteYou all are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. God Bless
ReplyDeleteYour Cousin
Miranda
Oh no! 7 HOURS!?!?! How horrible. But I bet the peace of mind was worth it in the end. Vomiting is the worst. I hope it was a quick bug and that she is feeling better already!
ReplyDelete