Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September Redeemed Herself

I'm thinking that when Chase's teeth finally cut, I'll wake up one morning to her sporting all 20 at once. She's still so uncomfortable, fuzzy, and on some kind of napping trike, yet there's no sign of pearly whites to report. Wil has taken to rubbing her gum when she wakes up screaming at night, which apparently works like magic and calms her right back to sleep in no time. I wouldn't know because I've been sleeping through her crying. I have no idea how this happens. The first time I failed to wake up with her, I contributed it to a very delicious glass of Federweisser, my first drink since the beginning of my pregnancy last year. I personally think it's the greatest beverage ever created and have been drinking it by the gallon. Literally.
It's the one in the big container in the front. We have a vintner, who brings this divine drink to our little town in a refrigerated barrel. I'm going to say that trying to consume 3 liters of this stuff in a few days is a little beyond me at this point. It was still really fun to try though...

Last week we had the kind of weather I remembered September to be. We took advantage of it and took the kid out for some fresh air and sunshine. I've kept her inside so much lately it's beginning to feel like I'm growing a mushroom instead of a baby. We went to a farm festival at Hitcherhof on Sunday. There were lots of vendors and farmers selling everything from produce to handmade soap.


Her pooping face.
And this is what happened when papa left her hat in the car and it got windy.

I was especially looking forward to taking pictures of Chaster at a pumpkin patch, and apparently so were 5,000 other parents there. It was hard trying to take a picture of the baby with a stranger's elbow in my face, but at least she was in a very close proximity to at least one pumpkin.




My husband can change diaper ANYWHERE. Is that not porn for a new mom?


She was watching kids play in the hay with great amusement.
We found an even more yummy federweisser there and split a glass. And brought another liter home...
What a gorgeous day to be outside!

We came home and it was the boys' turn to enjoy the weather. We drove out to Frauenburg to let the pups play in the river and run on the bike trail. Fun was had by all!


What difference a year make!

These three are my new favorites.


3 comments:

  1. That Federweisser looks pretty good compared to the cheap blackberry wine I'm drinking.

    And your pictures reminded me that I need to do the pumpkin patch photo shoot soon too.

    AND, have you seen the Porn for New Moms book? My brother sent it to me after I had Annabelle, while my inlaws were visiting. I just about had a heart attack when I was standing next to my MIL and opened the box to see an invoice that said "Contents: PORN FOR NEW MOMS." Obviously it was innocent, but my first reaction was to throw the entire package into my room and hope she didn't see!

    AND, those 3 pictures would look really great framed together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....the pictures make me wish I was anywhere but here!

    I hope this teething-whatever-it-is junk passes quickly!! Do I need to send you some baby crack? Do you remember that post I did? I can send you some, for real!

    Or, maybe you should try giving her the Federweisser. What? I'm kidding!!!


    kind of

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, I think all you IND people are giving me baby fever. Chase is such a cutie and growing like a weed. Thanks so much for posting pictures so often. Reasons I love the internet.
    BTW-you're looking great! Your body bounced right back to its tiny self.

    ReplyDelete