Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Know You Missed Me

I missed you, too, My People. It took me a whole hour to catch up on all of your blogs. Looked like I took a busy week off! As you may guess by now, Deutsche Telekom is on my *h*t list. Why they should think that their customers would be okay living without phone or internet for over a week at a stretch is beyond me. Freaking monopoly. The best part was that I had to pay to call their customer service EVERYDAY only to be informed that they hadn't gotten a clue what the problem was, how to go about fixing it, or when it would be fixed. I'm going to conclude my rant now because this is only jacking up my blood pressure.

Wil had a four-day weekend and we were in a desperate need of some fresh air and new sights and decided to head out to Heidelberg. Chaster Baby had a rotten night (more on that later), so we made sure to travel around her nap time, which worked out perfectly. We got to the famed Heidelberg castle just as she was waking up from her 2-hour nap. Yay for a happy, well-rested baby. We couldn't have picked a more perfect fall day to go up there. The weather was gorgeous and the turning leaves were breathtaking. There are no words to do this place justice.







And to think that this majestic castle and ground, which sat atop one of the highest Heidelberg hills, was built without any help from modern technology! The most hilarious thing that happened was in the midst of these amazing surroundings, a group of Japanese tourist decided that the most beautiful thing in town was my baby. We were trying to take some pictures of her with the fallen leaves when a man asked if it was okay for his wife to take a picture with Chase. The next thing we knew, the child was mobbed by a gang of cooing Japanese girls. I was laughing so hard I cried but managed to snap a few pictures of the moment I would forever use to brag about my kid's cuteness.

It started out innocent enough...
Then they came.
And took lots and lots of pictures... They asked if we wanted to charge money. Should have said yes.
Chaster didn't quite know what to make of this.
They really didn't want us to leave.

We spent more time at the castle than anticipated and had to head back home to the boys before getting to see the rest of the vibrant Heidelberg. We definitely will come back, perhaps the next time on our bikes just like all the cool college kids :). Here are some more pics from our day:




This face made me laugh.











I have about a million more pictures of us in Heidelberg, but I should perhaps stop here before crashing this site. Wil is telling me it's time to go. I shall come back after he goes to bed. Must make up for lost time.

5 comments:

  1. What GREAT pictures!! Heidelberg is such a beautiful town but pales in comparison to those photos of Chase in the leaves. I can understand the Japanese tourists enthusiasm about her even though that is quite funny you took pictures of them taking pictures with her. HA.

    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious (and awesome) that the tourists were so intrigued with Chase! Did you see the faces of the other people in the background? You know they were like "are they celebrities?" You were probably followed by other people after that!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. Thanks for my virtual tour. :)

    Love the photos of Chase in the leaves. She is SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! How strange. I think I would have been nervous, had I been you, that they would run off with Chase. Is Japan where they have the one child quote, and they prefer that child to be a male?

    Lovely pictures as always.

    I've been meaning to email you about a German favor. I'll do that shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. This post nearly made me wet my pantaloons. The Japanese and their baby photo shoot. What a hilarious story--all captured on film!!

    Of course, Chase really is cute enough to be surrounded by strangers begging for her photograph. This we all know.

    Your photos of Heidelberg were beautiful. We've been there in the winter and early spring...the fall colors were amazing.

    ReplyDelete