Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Case of the Sniffles

I have been dreading the start of the school year and the inevitable spread of monstrous germs, which would have already mutated 5 times in a month thus rendering any kind of medicines useless. It never fails to happen every single year whether or not one has any school age children, because she bounds to know/work with/walk by someone who does. This year I have a very good reason to be paranoid and think that I have subconsciously pseudo quarantined the baby for it.

Well, apparently that one day, which I thought she might benefit from some fresh air, sunshine, and other human contact at the park since she was beginning to look like a wilted flower from being indoor for almost a whole week straight (hey, it was raining, too, but then again when isn't it raining in Germany?), did my kid in. She's not really sick yet but is getting pretty stuffy and uncomfortable. She had a rough night and we found ourselves sitting with the poor child in our steamy bathroom at midnight. I'm not ready for my baby to be sick. I'm not sure if I'll ever be. From now on she will be living in a sterilized bubble.

The only upside to this is the fact that she's too exhausted to put up a fight during her naps. I'm far too wired to nap with her and now always armed with a bottle of saline spray and a bulb syringe for a quick relief should she start having trouble breathing as she did last night. This really hurts me more.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes them having a cold sends blessings our way - like you said...with her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they have them over there, but I love the Vicks wall plug ins. It seems to really help the girls when they are congested. I hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete