I started a new boot camp workout routine on Friday. It's a free class offered to keep lonely wives busy and healthy while their husbands are away. It's a perfect way to get rid of my anxious nervous energy, and the fact that it happens to be around the same time as the baby's morning nap is the sign from God that I need to take it. I went on Friday and now every muscle, however few there are, in my body is screaming at me in agony. The instructor had us jump on the elliptical machines to warm up. I knew it was going to be a challenge because I spent most of the pregnancy on the couch, but having burn exactly 16 calories before feeling like death was just around the bend was still really surprising.
Sixteen calories. One and a half Tic Tac. If this were a real boot camp, I would have been thrown out of the Army on my fluffy bottom.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Oh, how I wish you were in the states, so we could work out together. And cry together. :-)
ReplyDeleteIf you hadn't just birthed a kid, I would call you a wimp because you were always the "frail kid" of our group back in Auburn. Glad you're taking some Uma-time to put some muscle on those bones. Good luck!
ReplyDelete