I think this was her very first picture. She started to cry when the nurse brought her to the warming station for a clean up, so Wil talked to her and tried to comfort her. He later told me that she immediately stopped crying and just stared very intensely at him. Nice to finally have the face to go with that voice!
Her delivery was very difficult and it showed here. She was stuck in an angle, and although the vacuum assistance failed to bring her out completely, it did leave a rather noticeable lump that didn't go away for a couple of months. All that hair of hers was probably the reason the vacuum didn't work very well. Too bad a lot fell off already. I'm working on growing it back.
This picture cracks me up.
You can really see jaundice setting in, especially around her eyes. I just can't get over those cheeks! I can objectively say that my kid is super cute even with a lopsided head and yellow eyes. No, I'm not at all biased. She looked very Asian when she was first born, didn't she? And it took me FOUR months to remember why I was so out of it on that day. They gave me Ambien! I hadn't slept in days and they sent me home with one in hope that I would get some rest before the real work began. I apparently took it right before going into active labor. Since I rarely take any kind of medication, and never a sleep aid, it completely wiped me out. I remember falling asleep in between contractions and waking up to scream when I was in the middle of it. What a weird day!


I can totally relate to you! I'm always looking at Jack's baby pictures! I can't seem to get enough of that little man!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Cherise Kenner and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.
ReplyDeleteI have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.
Side Effects :
None.
I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cherise Kenner