Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday Wandering

Well, our venture to the lake and park was rather uneventful. The weather was typical of a late summer/early fall Germany day--cloudy with a slight chill in the air, which prompted us to ditch the lake plan and just go to the new dog park on Ramstein. Well, it was new, clean, and flat, although not very big. We were joined by a little puppy and her owner, but otherwise the park was ours. I think I like our park at Baumholder much better, so it doesn't look like it's going to be the boys' new hang out place right now. The real reason we trekked that way today was because of our move. I'm not going to bore you with all the details but basically we elected to stay in this neck of the wood for a few more years. The new job that Wil will be taking requires that we move to Kaiserslautern area, which is the biggest military community outside of the United States. It's only about 45 minutes from where we are now, but more than likely we'll be moving into a house (with a yard, fingers crossed) on the economy. Wil loves the convenience of living on post, but I think we owe it to ourselves to truly experience the German culture by living on the economy. Plus the boys will greatly appreciate anything that is bigger than our apartment now. I just couldn't get over how quickly our tiny pad got tinier since Miss Chase's arrival. Two big dogs, all their hair, soon-to-be-mobile baby, and her belongings sure do take up a lot of space. Chase and I were having a crabby day, as she was completely off her schedule and I suffered because of it. We think her funny cough might be an early sign of a cold. She didn't sleep well last night and was extremely tired and fussy towards the end of the day. But she was a good sport for most of the car ride part, thank goodness. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the park.

Inspector Brutus and baby Coco.
Paddy was more interested in playing fetch than chasing around the puppy.
Baby Coco. Her owner actually worked in Labor and Delivery and was there when I gave birth to Chase. I knew he looked familiar.
Kun Tha, I think I have your ears.
Hanging out with Papa at the park.

And my new personal favorite--her new crunched-up nose smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment