Before Chase was born, I was adamant about the fact that my kid was not going to watch TV. Silent movies, musicals, and SOME animated movies were on the ok list, but the likes of Sponge Bob and Scooby Doo would not do. Oh, how diluted I was. Anyway, this news greatly saddened my husband, who loved Cartoon Network that we had back in the States as much as any 5 year olds, as he was planning to use the kid as an excuse to watch more TV. I really should have known better than to think that we would adhere to this rule. It started out innocently enough. One of us would be holding her with one hand while trying to eat a bowl of cereal with another and watching the news in the morning/evening. I didn't even think about it and the kid really couldn't see that far at the time. I just started to notice about a week ago that not only was she in fact watching TV, she was thoroughly enjoying the experience as well. I know right now it's just moving lights and noises that she finds entertaining, but it hurts me just the same. Yesterday Wil told me that the Colbert Report was her favorite program (I find this slightly disappointing in more ways than one since we are really Jon Stewart's fans). How many times do I have to read the complete collection of Charlie Brown's Encyclopedias to her to offset this habit? Speaking of reading, I'm glad to report that it appears that we might have a book worm on our hands, or so I pray. Her favorite was The Cat in Hat but that might quickly change as our shipment of books I bought from eBay finally arrived. God bless eBay. 30 books for 12 bucks!
Well, you know I had planned to post some pictures but Wil's about to deposit a crying baby in my arms. Better luck tomorrow?
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment