Friends and families have been very kind and wanting to buy stuff for the Seed. The problem is I'm utterly clueless when it comes to what to get the baby and was getting pretty comfortable with the idea of sending her off to school in a pair of socks and maybe a toga. My mom told me not to buy any clothing items, since she lives in Bangkok, the world's garment manufacturing capital. A few friends started asking if we had registered. Wil and I didn't register when we got married. We collectively had enough stuff between the two of us and honestly didn't need anything more. I'm of the school of minimalism and was just overwhelmed by the vast amount of things I saw online. Wil bought me one of those maternity magazines that came with a buying guide, which eased my anxiety a touch. I apparently way underestimated even the basics to keep a newborn happy and comfortable. So, to parents out there, what are items you can't live without? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Rebecca, I re-read your Top Ten post and took notes. Thanks. Ok, should head to bed. I'll post 24-week pictures tomorrow.
First recommendation - Girlfriend's Guide to Baby Gear.
ReplyDeleteSecond recommendation - go to Rebecca's registry and copy off of it. Or anyone else's you know. I am just guessing that Rebecca probably still has hers online since Christian is still so young. You can check.
I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I never registered for our wedding, either, but with the baby, we registered for everything we wanted. That way, when all was said and done, after everything was purchased, we basically just used the remaining registry list as a shopping list.
And, honestly, there is no way to truly know what you're going to need as a first time parent. (probably not for the subsequent babies either, really) but you'll get the hang of it!