Sunday, January 20, 2008

APO Address

Trying to shop for a baby while we're over here is very hard. No retailers would ship anything that is bigger than a book or a package of clothes to our APO address. I'm just getting mighty frustrated that I can't buy my baby what I think is best. You have already heard how much I think of aafes' selections, so I'll spare you that particular rant again. My latest hunt is for a good and sturdy stroller that is easy to maneuver (because we live at the bottom of a steep hill and Baumholder is just a bunch of rolling hills string together), lightweight (because we live on the second floor, have no elevator, and can not leave anything laying around at the entrace of the building), fold up nicely and compact (because we live in an apartment). Really, I don't think that's asking too much. German strollers look super cool, but I don't think they are engineered with lightweight 5'4" mothers in mind. And why should they be, really? If you know of a retailer who would ship a stroller to APO addresses, I would greatly appreciate the information. Baumholder is expecting 500+ babies in 2008, and I know I'm not the only mom who's desperate for decent baby gear.

2 comments:

  1. wish I could help you, girl! If I hear of anything, I'll let you know! I have a girlfriend who is in Italy and had a baby not too long ago. I'll email her to see what she thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops - I just typed an entry and then it didn't work.

    Email me, I can't find your email address. I have a response to the stroller issue from my friend. I was mistaken...she lives in Germany again. I know what you're thinking....if I were a real friend, I would know. I'm awful.

    Anyway, my email address is huserachel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete