Monday, March 9, 2009

What to Do?

Chase used to sleep from 7 p.m.-7 a.m. I say used to because now she's taking up anytime between 4:30-5:30 to be her new wake up time. First I thought it was just a phase, teething, or a random nightmare. Now it's nearly everyday. There are still times that she will sleep until 7, which tell me that she's more than capable of it. Then, what gives? After so many battles of sleep training, I know now that the only thing that works with Chase is a total elimination. Sounds heartless, which was exactly what I thought and why I didn't deploy this method until she was already rolls deep in bad sleeping habits, but normally after one night of letting her cry it out (usually about 1-1.5 hour) she would get the message and just go back to her usual wake up time. Well, that no longer works either. I'm completely stumped. I just can't fathom going in to nurse her back to sleep again (that's the only way she would go back to sleep now, too). She's 10 months old! Talking about regression. Now you know why I don't update the blog much.

P.S. One more thing. Before Chase was born, Wil and I agreed that we would avoid anything pink with lots of tulle and ruffles like the plague. And anything that said "Princess" was a no-no with me. I just couldn't stomach my hipster child looking like a sugary cup cake had just thrown up all over her. Then the reality of buying clothes for a baby girl set in and you know the rest of the story. I still try to edit her clothes (even though the child has now spent most of her life in very warm and thick pjs), but, as you can see from the last set of pictures, she does own a small collection of something very very pink amongst her neutral wardrobe. I'm bring this up because, in the last week, 7 people referred to my kid as a "he" even when she's wearing a purple hat with giant flowers on it. Mari understands my sentiment. I never had a hang up about it, but 7? Really? Look at that sweet face! The little flower applique on her gray hoodie? The little pink bows on her sweater cuffs? Am I being too subtle or "Princess" across the chest is necessary? That's a hard one for Momma to take.

And, no, I'm never going to put one of those headbands on her. EVER.