Friday, March 13, 2009

Done

Booked the stupid tickets because I could no longer deal with the stress of trying to save a few bucks (ok, more than a few bucks). Now our flights are finalized and I'm way poorer. Still upset at the whole situation but I'm trying to look ahead to a better time in Thailand.

Got a lengthy phone call from my mother yesterday. Here's a clip:

Mom: Kwan told me that you let Chase cry for a long time at night?
Me: MOM! This again?!? Really?

I feel like every time I mention sleep training the kid, I have to go on an offensive with my family. Letting a baby cry is not for everyone. I certainly didn't start that way. My family still doesn't do that, I guess. But trust that we didn't arrive to this conclusion lightly. We read and tried everything from the Sears' cosleeping, the Pantley's "No Tear" method, the Baby Whisperer's "Pat/Shush" technique, and only came to "Cry It Out" as our last resort after half a year of bad sleeping habits. I strongly believe in what Dr. Weissbluth says about sleep training a baby. Healthy sleep habit is a learned process. I'm teaching her the most important skill that she needs to have in life. And I'm happy to report that she's back to her usual 7 p.m.-7 a.m. sleep schedule again since I wrote that post. Of course, now that I take that to the internet, she'll start partying at night again. So, hear me, Family, I'm not doing it for fun. It's not like I'm sound asleep when she grumbles, complains, and cries. Wil and I agree after many trials and errors that this is best of our baby, however thank you for your concern. Chase is a vibrant, well-adjusted, and much loved baby. And if you are nice to me, you'll get to see her in May. So start sucking up to see who would get to spend the most amount of time with the child.