Monday, March 23, 2009

The Good Ones Always Went By Too Quickly

We had a fun weekend even though there was nothing truly special, besides getting to enjoy each other's company, to report. I wanted to take Chaster to the zoo on Saturday, but in a true Steinhauer fashion, we just never quite made it there. On our way to the zoo, we stopped at a wild life park, which I'm beginning to think is a long running joke the Germans invented to see how many curious Americans would actually wander around this barren looking woods looking for pot belly pigs. Then we went to another indoor playground to have lunch and scout for a possible birthday party location and came to a conclusion that Chase was just far too small to truly enjoy places like this just yet. I was more worried about shielding her from bigger kids' antics and their throwing things her way. So I think we'll settle for a fun small party at our house for the first one instead. The baby was wayyy over the fun at this point and just wanted to go to bed. We came home, grilled out, and the five of us had a lovely dinner together. After the baby went down for the night, Wil and I spent the rest of the night watching "Supernatural" episodes we downloaded from iTunes. I really hate all scary anything, and even though Wil laughs every time I refuse to go to the kitchen by myself after watching this with him, I've enjoyed this little thing we get to do together and actually grown to like the series. I normally cover my eyes and tell him to let me know when the scary part is over. Sunday came and went too quickly as we ran errands and got Wil ready for work today.

The weather has turned horrid again, surprise surprise. It was so cold all weekend and we actually have snow in the forecast for later tomorrow. The weather forecast here is such a joke, though, so I'm not going to bank on that. What I know for certain is that rain will be here all week again. BOOOOOO. I'm so over this winter stuff. Let's see some real spring weather that actually sticks.

Enough bitching. I didn't take many pictures this weekend, but here are a few of our outing:




"Father, look at my face. I am tired. This is not fun for me. Pick me up and get me home RIGHT. NOW. I WANT TO NAP!"

I'm hoping she'll never want to be a firefighter, or I shall never sleep again.
When prune happened to a naughty baby.