I'm having one of those days that I'm so damn mad and frustrated and really need to yell at someone. Because neither the boys nor the baby caused my anguish and therefore should not be the unlucky recipients of my blow out, the only thing left to do was to close the bathroom for a few minutes and have a good cry. Then blog about it, naturally. I've been planning our trip to Thailand forever and a day. It means the world to me to be able to share so much of what molds me to be the person that I am today with my husband and baby. The frustrating part is that our lives are really at the mercy of the Army. We couldn't buy the airplane tickets until Wil leave form was approved. He turned it in a while ago, and since then I have watched our projected tickets going up and down in price more than a few times. This week was the worst because I actually found a great deal that could have taken the three of us to Thailand and back on a non-stop flight for just a little more than a regular price of one adult ticket I checked the last time. I was elated! We could have used the money saved a thousand different ways and I was so incredibly pumped. Of course, the deal came with a time limit that the Army really didn't care about. Finally, today Wil called and said the leave form was approved and I should go ahead and book the tickets. I need not tell you the shock and horror I got when I checked online and saw that the price, with taxes and all the stupid fees, had gone up nearly $1,000 for the same non-stop flight I had looked up for the past month. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Now if we wanted to keep the same budget, we would have to have at least one connection. If I were to fly by myself, I wouldn't care if I had 5 connections. But it's with a baby. On an 11-hour-cross-continent trip. An 11-hour trip that will turn into a 16-hour trip with one connection. A direct flight was not a luxury, it's a necessity since I'll be flying alone with the baby ahead of Wil, who would follow a few weeks later. Now you see why I want to punch someone? Namely someone who sat on that leave form for weeks? Someone who gets paid far more than my husband does and probably wouldn't even notice that his ticket home just went up $1,000? I'm going to be mad for a while and curse a whole lot.