Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It Shall Be Known As a Photoessay

I have been really preoccupied and not in the mood to write much. I spend most of my time looking stuff up about Koh Samui, where the Steinhauer threesome will be spending a little beach vaca while in Thailand. The thing is neither of us are a big beach person. We like having an option of having the beach right there, so we can just pop over if the mood strikes. I'm still pondering if it's worth spending the time and money to travel so far away from Bangkok, our base camp where my parents live. There are so many beaches that are closer to home, but that's the thing. I've seen them all already. It's Wil's first trip to Thailand and I really want to make it special. Decisions, decisions.

Another thing that's been taking up my time, beside my Little Love, is our walk. Don't get me wrong--it's still freaking cold. But lately we've been blessed with beautiful sunny days and I just couldn't fathom staying inside when it's not rainning or snowing, which is supposedly in the cards for us for the next five days or so. Even if it's for 10 minutes, being outside and getting some sun on my face really make my day. Factor in the most charming little village ever and I practically skip when we get to stroll. I'm in love with all the old farmhouses, stone walls, and wooden doors. The texture! The colors! The stuff that grows on them!