When we moved off-post, we also said goodbye to a pseudo decent internet speed. Out here on the economy, it's really crap shoot what kind of service we get. I know of some people who can't even get DSL and have to resort to, gasp, dial-up, because all the lines in their little villages are all tapped out. I just have to take a deep breath, remember that getting to live in Europe is once in a life time opportunity, and dealing with the German funnies is just a part of life here. Whining aside, I am grateful for what we've got even though it can be sooooo slowwwwww at times, which explains why you guys haven't seen any videos of us or the child. I tried to upload a short one yesterday 2 separate times and had to give up after about 2 hours. A little explanation for the video. Chase is an expert roller. She goes where she wants like a tumbleweed. Even though she has super strong legs and can stand for ever, she hasn't quite figured out how to actually use her legs to help pull herself up. She can do it just fine if both her feet are already flat on the ground, but having to get them there or getting on her knees is still a little tricky. I know that if she were to be around other kids more and see what they do, she'll pick it up quickly. I'm looking into playgroups but really want to hold off until the cold/flu season is over. Really don't need to be sick for another 2 months. Anyway, you also get to catch a glimpse of her "I'm concentrating hard" face. She also does this when she crushes Cheerios and peas like a badass. My kid is funny and weird. Oh, the railing on the crib is also in a down position, so you grandparents don't get on the phone to yell at me all at once. We put it up when she goes to sleep in case she wants to practice pulling up in her sleep.
I'm trying to upload another but it's going to take another hour or so. Here are some pictures as a consolation prize.
Thanks to toy recommendations from Rebecca and Mari (and ramsteinyardsales.com), I found this door thing and it's her absolute new favorite! It's missing a piece of sticker on top and came with some kind of syrup all over the place, but I am now a toy cleaning expert. Half an hour of scrubbing later and $70 saved, my kid was greeted to a fab toy after her nap. It was better than Christmas. She's a little obsessed with the flower. Showing Papa her new ride. She does this A LOT and has nearly escaped from the harness many times to inspect the lints on the bathroom rug (we keep the chair in the bathroom). Sadly, the chair is also on its way out. Sigh. I'm out of things to strap the child to now that she's more mobile and refuses to sit still.
She's waking up like this a bit lately as well. Chase was always a stationary sleeper. Wherever I left her when I tucked her in was where she woke up. Not anymore. I don't know if this is in conjunction with the learning to crawl/perfecting her rolling technique, but apparently she gets very freaked out when she wakes herself up from rolling over or crawling to another spot in the bed. It's cute during the day when I can take lots of pictures and laugh about it but not so fun at night.