Sunday, March 15, 2009

Price of Safety

My little Porker Baby is quickly outgrowing her infant carrier and we are looking for a new convertible car seat for her. My immediate thought was for a Britax and after reading all the reviews, I'm nearly positive that the Boulevard is what we're going for. It's so incredibly pricey (and enormous!), but it's for the safety of Little Love. And if you have driven on the German autobahn, you know why I want this for Chaster. I want one for me! I know it might seem overkill, but every time I hear about some other models and look up the reviews, I hear something scary. The Boulevard just seems to get consistent raves. If you are using some other convertible car seats and have positive experience with them, I would love to hear about it! We're going to have to order this through our local PX before we head out to Thailand and hope that it's here by the time we get back because Amazon won't ship the seat here. And you know how thrilled I am about the glacier pace with which aafes operates.