Finally! The pups and I are booked on an AMC flight (Air Mobility Command flights are military-contracted though operated by normal commercial airlines). I can't tell you what a relief this is. And I got on this flight really because of the pups, or rather their size. Because both of them require giant kennels to fly, it's become nearly impossible to arrange for their travel via normal commercial flights. The airplane has to be of certain size to accommodate "huge" live animals. I never really think of our pups to be enormous, since they are only 68 and 83 lbs at the moment. But they end up needing the largest available kennels because they both are all legs. It's a direct flight, which would only last about 7.5 hours, and the best part of this flight is their airfare. Drum roll, please! Wil and I had been planning for worst case scenario, having to fork over $2500 for cargo shipment or $1000 for normal commercial flight (if we can ever find one that will take us). On AMC flight, Brutus and Paddy will fly in relative comfort for less than $400! I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but let's keep in mind that they are our children before you suggest other alternatives (like bullets, Ralph). I can't imagine my life without them, especially when my husband only gets to stay home with me for all of 4 months combined time during this past year. They are my family and now all of us are going to Germany! Special thanks to the Port Call ladies at Ft. Bragg. They are real life savers! I would have hugged them all if I thought they wouldn't call the MPs on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment