Thursday, June 21, 2007

T-8 DAYS!

I wake up nervous today. Good, butterflies in my stomach nervous. I get up to let the boys out to the bathroom and come back to bed. I lay there listening to them running up and down our patio chasing each other. I find myself becoming slightly more nostalgic lately. This is the first house Wil and I really share. We lived together in our old apartment for about a minute but this is where we would consider our first home. We almost have the wedding ceremony here. This is the only home Brutus and Paddy know, unlike his brother Conner who had been in 5 different places by the time he was a year and a half. And this is where Conner first got sick and we had to say goodbye to him just a few days later. Our landlord puts up the "For Rent" sign and information fliers in the front yard last week. At the end of the day after walking the pups, I like to sit on the front door step with my cup of Italian ice and watch as people stop by to pick up the fliers. Our house is adorable. Cute white little cottage with white picket fence and lush trailing ivy. I know my face lights up when Wil first shows it to me. The cottage looks warm and hopeful and it gives our newly-minted marriage this infectious optimism--the right start. We had wanted to buy it but knew that moving was in our near future. I see these people that stop by and I wonder if they will love this house as much as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment