Sunday, June 10, 2007

Aunt, Again!


Hooray, Wil and I are going to be proud aunt and uncle for the second time in two years! Amanda, Wil's sister, will have another baby for us to dote on in December. Here's a picture of our first nephew Connor last Christmas. As you can see, Baby Burrito has a tough competition in the cuteness department. Unfortunately, we might not be able to make it back for the birth, since my sister is supposed to get married around the same time in Thailand. We're going to be getting a lot of stamps in our passports.

I had a very eventful Saturday. I made some new friends and had to say goodbye to a few old ones. The pups and I befriend an older gentleman and his dog Bucky during our morning walk. To make a long story short, I end up volunteering to babysit Bucky while our new friend Mr. Dan is out of town for a week. Bucky is such a joy and one of the most well-behaved dogs I've ever met. I'm hoping some of that goodness will rub off on our devil spawns. After the walk, I get to hang with Drew, my favorite 5-year-old buddy. Drew lives with his mom and brother Austin a couple of doors down from us and they are moving to Charlotte. So Drew and I get to hang out while the adults pack and load the moving truck. Drew loves Paddy and vice versa, and they both get to say goodbye the proper way, which is to pay fetch forever in the backyard and get dirty together. Brutus, who is not a big fan of loud noises and rambunctious children, retreats to staying cool and hiding under the dinning room table. He's much more of a tea party attendant type. I have to post a picture of them together once I upload them. Then after saying goodbye to Drew and his family, I head out to my friend Rebecca's baby shower. It's my first baby shower ever and one that convinces me to make my own baby food. We play this game that we try baby food in a jar and guess what it actually is. I feel really bad for babies now. No wonder why they get so cranky. Mac and cheese that taste like very viscous starchy paste took the prize for grossest for me. It is really nice to meet Rebecca's friends. They are all very sweet and friendly. I hope they don't think I just show up for the food, since my present hasn't arrived yet. It's also a reminder that we do live in a military community, as many of us are getting ready to move and some of the husbands are overseas. Once I finally get home, I go into a vacuuming frenzy after I suddenly realize that my beloved Dyson and I will be separated for months. What am I going to do with all the dog hair? Really hope our household goods get in to Germany before the fur in "furniture" actually has a life of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment