So Mr. Dan dropped off Bucky yesterday. He was very shy and rather timid around the boys, even though they got along just fine. Brutus, The Man of the House, took it upon himself to guard Paddy and me last night. He slept on the carpet in the bedroom all night, facing the door, something he's never done before. Every time poor Bucky walked by, Brutus would growl and wouldn't let him in the bedroom. Then Bucky would whine, which in turn made Paddy really upset and start whining himself. And this went on all night. Can you say dark circles? So that was yesterday evening and last night. This morning, and oh what an early morning, it appears that the whole being shy thing is an act and Bucky is playing no-nonsense uncle to my babies. He's been kicking around my Paddy into submission, which is generally not hard to do anyway. He's not hurting Paddy or anything but certainly getting his message across. Brutus, meanwhile, watches bratty Paddy being put in his place with certain amount of amusement but stays on guard in case he needs to stick up for his little bro. Now after 2 hours of running around in the backyard and breakfast, all three of them are sound asleep. And I'm unfortunately very awake. Freaking mutts.
So we find out that there's going to be a huge festival in Baumholder when we arrive. Read about Rheinland-Pfalz-Tag here. Not one to ever turn down a party, I was really excited until my husband informed me that the roads heading to post would be closed for this event. Oh well, after a couple of glasses of amazing German Riesling and some, and I quote, "culinary delights," I doubt I will very much care if Wil and I can drag all of my belongings, two giant dog crates, and the two disoriented pups uphill to our new home. At least we'll all be together and having some ridiculous fun. Can't think of a better way to be welcomed to a community.
The moving company just called to ask if they could start packing a few days earlier than the original plan. I said no problem as long as I could have my bed to sleep on until the 25th. Oh, how will I miss sleeping on my Sleep Number Bed. I'm sure the longing will be particularly acute especially when I'm in our government loaner bed, which Wil describes as "kinda like an air mattress but worse." If our stuff takes a while to get there, the doctors might have to give the both of us back surgeries. Also, we made reservations for our vans yesterday. Me to drive to Baltimore for the AMC flight and him to pick us up in Ramstein. Things are clicking along just fine. God has thrown us a pile of cosmic bones. Thank you! We're grateful, and, at the risk of sounding slightly greedy, please keep them coming.
I Do Now
4 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment