Alright so the wife does all the talking on here. Well thats what women do. Just kidding Honey. Well life in Germany is...different. I love my new unit, so far, and everything is progressing nicely. Uma arrives in a couple of days so of course Im having trouble falling asleep. I just wish I could stop thinking about it for 5 min. long enough to calm down and fall asleep and then I could dream about it. Instead Im up half the night cause Im thinking about it and then my mind starts wandering about all the places to take her (not that I have really been to all that many places) and all the things to see. All of which could probably be done within a day. But then there are places and things that I have been waiting for her to get here so that we can do together. So then I get really excited again thinking about all of those things. Like Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris, Garmisch, and Edellweiss. Then you know I start thinking about how to get there, trains, Ryan Air, Driving, Toll roads, and more details. So you can see how I end up staying up half the night. As Uma said I am having surgery on my back here in a few weeks. Im not worried about it as much as I think she is. The surgeons assured me that its a pretty common procedure so Im not stressing. Hopefully this will help with everything. The Dr.'s said that I will more than likely have to have another surgery in the future to replace the disc or fuse my spine since the disc that is messed up is degenerative and will continue to get worse untill it collapses all together. So with all that said its pretty apparant that I will not be deploying with my unit. Its a double edged sword in the regards that no NCO can tell a soldier or a friend to go off and fight for him while I stay here and do this. But also I get the joy of staying here and finally getting some time with my wife. So, do I feel guilty about being happy for staying while my friends and soldiers go to war, or do I feel guilty about being sad that I have to stay behind with my family while my soldiers and friends go to war? So Im happy that Im staying, and Im sad Im not going. Yeah figure that one out. So since Im going to be staying I have been put in the position as my Batteries Family Readiness Leader. Not somthing that I was excited about but "Uma" and I will deal with it accordingly. Basically she will handle everything family related and I will deal with all the military issues. So our time here in Germany looks to be full of adventure and surprises to say the least. So stay tuned cause Im sure you're going to have a good laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment