Dear Baby Chase:
This is the only time that I wish that I could fast forward the next couple of years, so that I could truly share with you and you could comprehend the significance of what has just happened. In Germany today, you woke up to a new President Elect of the United States. He, like you, is a child of mixed race with a name that most people often mispronounce. He has inspired millions of people and re-energized the country. Papa and I spent countless hours in the past year in front of our one AFN News channel and computer, watching, following, and reading all things politics we could get our hands on. We didn't always agree, and frequently Brutus and Paddy bared witness to our very own debates. My hope for our family is that one day this will become a very spirited three-way discussion. Only time will tell if President Obama will live up to our hopes and dreams, but for now I am very excited for our future. I can already see your rolling your eyes at me when I tell you for the tenth time "if Barack Obama could get himself to the White House, I know you can get an A in AP chemistry." All things are possible when you put your mind to it. I know you can, too!
With all of my heart,
Momma
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Whoa - AP Chemistry!? That's tough - haha! Good line though...I'll have to remember that.
ReplyDelete