Friday, November 7, 2008

A Long Weekend

Wil's third decade on earth is quickly approaching (11/14), and we're taking a weekend trip to celebrate a little early. We'll be spending a couple of days in Baden-Baden and exploring a small section of the Black Forest. Time permitting, we might see a bit of France along the way. I'm keeping our itinerary pretty relaxed and flexible as one should when traveling with an infant, who can loudly curse at us from the back seat for HOURS. Luckily the drive will only be for a couple of hours and you bet I'm timing each leg of our travel around her naps. A happy baby makes for a much nicer travel companion. Unfortunately, the boys will have to sit this one out, but we know they are going to be spoiled rotten by our friend Mara and get to hang with their bud, Samson, all weekend. I'm more worried about Mara than the boys. There are going to be lots of pictures, so start making room on your "Wall of Chase," Kun Yai.

I honestly don't have much to share this week. Finally, the kid is adjusting well to the daylight saving time. And the neighbors are probably happy with their furniture arrangement/wall decoration because I haven't heard anyone hammering anything away at 3 A.M. lately. Now if they could stop River Dancing with their dog right above my kid's crib, I might start waving to them with my whole hand instead of just one finger again.

Chaster is finding out that her mother is not quite ready for her to be THIS mobile. This week I have failed numerous times to catch her while she's bouncing around/sitting/tipping forward and backward, which have resulted in a few episodes of giant noggin meeting floor/car door/computer and one very brief, however completely terrifying, event of her first involuntary dive into the half-filled tub--face-plant style. Oops. Guess it's time to dig out that bathtub ring from the basement. Also, my kid either has a pair of very long legs or our door frame is very low. We got Chase a doorway jumper instead of the one with a stand hoping to save some precious floor space. I adjusted the thing to the highest seat setting but her legs were still dragging. Any suggestions before she gets yet another play thing to take up our tiny living room?

No comments:

Post a Comment