Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Spill

As predicted, I fell while walking the dogs today. Or shall I say I fell because the dogs decided that they wanted to chase a cat on a downward slope? We were less than a block away from the house and they had been good little angels the whole way. Or at least until the black cat incident. It happened so fast. I went from yelling no to sliding down the hill on my back in a split second. When I finally got up on my feet (with mud everywhere on my clothes and in my hair plus a small slug on my sweater), the boys were still chasing the stupid cat in the street. It was dark and I was petrified they were going to get hit by a car. I was screaming their names for what seemed like an eternity before they finally came running back, tails wagging. I was relieved they were okay but then got really mad. Paddy knew immediately that he was in trouble and just kept his head down and leaning onto me. Brutus couldn't care less if I had split my head open. My immediate thought was, of course, for the baby. Luckily, I felt alright besides the fact that my left hand, which was holding the leashes, got pretty bruised up. It wasn't until I heard Wil's voice that I became really upset. He got me to calm down and assured me that the baby was more than likely fine as he was well protected. It's been a couple of hour since the fall and the only thing that hurts is still my hand. Thankfully. I might take a picture tomorrow if it gets anymore purple looking.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you and all the babies are doing all right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful, girl! Oh and don't worry (referring to your previous post) you know you will be this cute tiny pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete