Greetings, Friends! I'm back to updating before sunrise again in between deciding what to eat next. I wish I had a particular craving for something. I felt like I was totally disappointing my husband when I walked pass our pantry or fridge without grabbing tubs of ice cream or variety of pickles he rushed out to buy when we first found out. I actually can't even stand to look at pickles now. Sad. Anyhow, I made a pot of collard green today to redeem myself of some very poor eating habits that have occurred these past few days. A couple of nights ago I found myself, over the kitchen sink, eating half a "family-sized" bag of Buffalo Chicken Wing chips with hot sauce. That was bedtime snack. I felt bad enough about it that I put (frozen) kale in my ramen noodles at 3 a.m. feeding. Really, it only gets worse from here so I'll spare you the rest. The good news is Wil is coming home and I'll have a voice of conscience to nag me whenever I start to look a little too lovingly at stuff I shouldn't be feasting on. The bad news is it's Thanksgiving and I already put my name on all the pies my dear friend Ashley will be making from scratch! Hmmmm, pies. It's not too late to start eating well next week. Or the week after that. Better late than never, I say! Really Mom, I don't eat like this all the time. Just when I run out of Twinkies. Ok, put the phone down, Woman, I'm just kidding.
Speaking of Wil coming home, I should explain. My Beloved is getting moved to a medical hold company. The idea is that the move will free up a space in his company to get another soldier in before the deployment and Wil will just get to focus on meeting his appointments and getting better. Sounds excellent in theory but I shall hold my judgement until it actually happens. The plan is for him to come back from the field, go through clearing as if he was leaving this post, report to a unit at the hospital in Landstuhl, then get reassigned back to somewhere in Baumholder awaiting his surgery. Army logic for you. He...I just said Army and logic in the same sentence. I am FUNNY! Will keep you update on that front. I really hope we don't have to move...
I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and there will be a picture coming. Rach, I will post my belly button picture as soon as I can look at it without gagging. Promise. Maybe Wil will post it when I'm asleep. Ok, I've made several trips to the kitchen between typing this short post and still haven't found anything I want to eat. Me think collard green, rice, and a nice dose of vinegar should do the trick.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


You are killing me. I never got the pleasure of having cravings either. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a nice craving or two.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the photos. Check my blog with my old updates of prego photos. Then, you'll have NO qualms with posting some of you!!!
Uma - how cute that he wanted to watch her video!!! Let him know the swim videos are coming! :-)
ReplyDeleteY'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Uma...I totally remember being hungery all the time and eating yummy food that wasn't good for me at all hours of the day!
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit better now at 21 weeks, the hunger thing I mean...not the eating better:) Good Luck!
I am really enjoying reading your adventures of pregnancy. I am even more excited about seeing the cute little boy/girl when he/she arrives in the Spring. By the way, are you going to find out the sex ahead of time?
ReplyDelete